1. Neal Magdefrau,Daniel Goberman, Matthew Lynch, Julie Wittenzellner, Fred Espinosa, Richard McLaughlin, Sreenivas Bhattiprolu, Warren MoberlyChan, Visualization & Analysis of 3-D EDS Microstructures, Presented at Microscopy & Microanalysis 2014 on August 5, 2014 in Hartford, CT.
2.Neal Magdefrau,Matthew Lynch, Rajesh Kumar, Wayde Schmidt, Julie Wittenzellner, Jodi Vecchiarelli, Tahany El-Wardany, Michael Klecka, Ram Ranjan, Multi-Dimensional 3-D Characterization: Bridging the Gap Between Experiments and Modeling, Presented at The 2nd International Congress on 3D Materials Science on July 1, 2014, Annecy, FR.
3. N.J. Magdefrau, J. Wittenzellner, FIB Applications for Industrial Research, Presented at the 7th Annual FIB SEM Workshop on February 27, 2014, Laurel, MD.
4. L.V. Gambino, N.J. Magdefrau, M. Aindow, Microstructural Effects of the Reduction Step in the Reactive Consolidation of Manganese Cobaltite Coatings on Crofer 22 APU (Article in Press).
5. N.J. Magdefrau, L. Chen, E.Y. Sun, M. Aindow, The Effect of Mn1.5Co1.5O4 Coatings on the Development of Near Surface Microstructure for Haynes 230 Oxidized at 800° C in Air. Surface & Coatings Technology 242 (2014) 109-117.
6. Y. She, S.C. Emerson, N.J. Magdefrau, S.M. Opalka, C.T. Erkey, T.H. Vanderspurt, Hydrogen Permeability of Sulfur Tolerant Pd-Cu Alloy Membranes. Journal of Membrane Science (2014) 203-211.
7. N.J. Magdefrau, L. Chen, E.Y. Sun, M. Aindow, Effects of alloy heat treatment on oxidation kinetics and scale morphology for Crofer 22 APU. Journal of Power Sources (2013) 756-767.
8. N.J. Magdefrau, L. Chen, E.Y. Sun, J. Yamanis, M. Aindow, Formation of spinel reaction layers in manganese cobaltite-coated Crofer 22 APU for solid oxide fuel cell interconnects. Journal of Power Sources 227 (2013) 318-326.
9. Neal Magdefrau, Lei Chen, Jean Yamanis, Ellen Sun, Mark Aidnow. Characterization of Reaction Layers in Mn1.5Co1.5O4 Coated Fuel Cell Interconnects, presented at the TMS Annual Meeting & Exhibition. Orlando, FL March 13, 2012.
10. Lei Chen, Ellen Sun, Jean Yamanis, Neal Magdefrau, Oxidation Kinetics of Mn1.5Co1.5O4 Coated Haynes 230 and Crofer 22 APU for Solid Oxide Fuel Cell Interconnects. Journal of The Electrochemical Society, 157 (6) B931-B942 (2010).
11. Neal Magdefrau, Sonia Tulyani, Ellen Sun, Jean Yamanis, Lei Chen, Dustin Frame, John Holowczak. High Temperature Materials for SOFC Seal Applications, presented at the 34th International Conference and Exposition on Advanced Ceramics and Composites. Daytona Beach, FL Jan. 27, 2010.
12. Ellen Sun, Jean Yamanis, Lei Chen, Dustin Frame, John Holowczak, Neal Magdefrau, Sonia Tulyani, Justin Hawkes, Christoph Haugstetter, Tom Radcliff, Davide Tew and Handa Xi. Solide Oxide Fuel Cell Development at United Technologies Research Center, presented at Solid Oxide Fuel Cells, Eleventh International Symposium, Vienna, Austria. October 5, 2009.
13. N.J. Magdefrau, A.L. Vasiliev, M. Aindow, M.J. Blackburn, T.J. Watson. Effect of heat-treatment on the microstructure and hardness of a devitrified Al-3.0Y-3.0Gd-5.0Ni-1.0Fe-1.0Co alloy. Scripta Materialia Volume 51 Issue 6 485-489 (2004).
Neal Magdefrau has a Ph.D in Materials Science & Engineering from the University of Connecticut. He has been working with high-end electron optic equipment (Scanning Electron Microscopes, Transmission Electron Microscopes, and Focused Ion Beams) for over 13 years. Neal has extensive experience in materials development, characterization, chemical analysis and failure analysis of various metallic, ceramic and polymeric systems. He has 9 years of experience working in an industrial research environment and enjoys helping others solve tough problems.